master/mistress rules over pets/slaves

questions about the game

Moderator: Boris735

quinncod
LodG Player

master/mistress rules over pets/slaves

Post by quinncod » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:05 am

ive been on for a little while now and been having issues with the rule of not playing with others pet. its not that i dislike not being able to play with a pet if the master dont wish thats their choice but when theres no indication about it whether they wish to or not it gets confusing as it looks like a mine field out there unsure whether someone will get mad if you do something and even then when you can only go to certain levels or go full out but its almost impossible to tell unless stated in the profile.

basically im just wondering is the rule that if something happens that goes against what you dont wish should you just ignore it or try to work around it. second is there anything that can be done about saying what is and isnt allowed for the pet or slave of someone.

Ildac
LodG Player

Post by Ildac » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:37 am

An owner has no OOC say over what happen to their pet on an IC level, generally speaking. As far as I am aware, there is no "rule" about playing with other people's pets or slaves. The in character consequences are the only means of enforcing these "rules" put in place by pet owners.
There's nothing to fear but fear, itself... and bees. Hordes of bees.

Saber
LodG Player

Post by Saber » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 pm

As far as I can tell, all power always rests within the the Pet/Slave themselves. Their limits, their desires, etc. always come first, since they still have OOC say over their character, even if ICly they may.

Of course, if an owner gets upset with you playing with their pet, that can only be an IC response. OOCly, its not 'technically' their business, but its always best to check! Best bet? Always ask the 'victim' before playing with them!

quinncod
LodG Player

Post by quinncod » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 pm

ok. it confuses me often cause different people go by different rules or codes of conduct ,you might be able to say, ICly and well it gets quite confusing after awhile. one reason i like PM but thats besides the point. thanks.

vegita625
LodG Player

Post by vegita625 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:19 am

IC, you may end up with something, a story line, someone yelling and hooting and hollaring, someone running at you mid-scene (less likely unless their RP courtesy is near-nothing), a PM about getting slapped upside the head.

OOC, if you get anything, they've gotten a LIIIIITTLE invested into the game, ya know?

Basically, if you don't mind IC drama occuring, don't worry about it and just see what the sub/pet/slave's player is comfy with RPing.
If you don't wanna deal with IC drama or storylines relating to such things, then don't do it.

Simple as that.