Acid Spitting Dragon

Polls about everything LogD related

Moderator: Boris735

What is your opinion on the amount of damage the Acid Spitting Dragon does to your Charm?

The damage is ok.
11%
The damage is to high.
56%
You do not care.
33%

Total votes: 9

Allura
LodG Player

Acid Spitting Dragon

Post by Allura » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:25 am

For the past couple months, since I started working on my Charm, I've been getting a lot of damage from the Acid Spitting Dragon. Its been about 40+ points each time it sprays me. In one game day it did 181 point of damage in 3 attacks, all during the same day.

Ezmarelda
LodG Player
Location: Second star to the right, straight on till morning...

Post by Ezmarelda » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:50 am

Yea, he's a beastie all right. I've heard reports of as much as 400 points of lost charm in a single attack. It's made me change the way I go about acquiring charm, specifically the rate at which I gain it. I'd dearly love to be able to fight him fairly to protect my charm when he swoops in.
Jessica Rabbit - "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way..."

Maria Clazina
LodG Player

Post by Maria Clazina » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:42 am

Agreed. It wouldn’t bother me nearly as much if you at least got a chance to fight it (and if the amount lost wasn’t so excessively high at times).

Perhaps it could be made a bit like the Dark Master/Light Being event where losing costs you a good amount of charm (still not hundreds of points worth though), but where winning nets you a minor reward in charm and/or alignment.
It’d make sense too, since defeating such a horrible menace would certainly count as a good deed and should make you more well-liked by people.

Maybe a 'flee' option could be included as well, which would still cause you to lose some charm, but less than when you fight and lose (like half the amount or something).
"If you're creative enough, you can get away with just about anything."

Axeo
Top Player
Location: House Myth'tor's Bevin, Myst Online: URU Live again

Post by Axeo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Am I really the only one that has managed to avoid losing charm entirely?
Soon I will be the prettiest of them all! Fly my scaly minion, fly! BWAHAHAHA!

SurrealSadi
LodG Player

Post by SurrealSadi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Axeo wrote:Am I really the only one that has managed to avoid losing charm entirely?
Soon I will be the prettiest of them all! Fly my scaly minion, fly! BWAHAHAHA!
I think the only times I ever got hit by that dragon was when I was still below 10 DKs....
Player of SurrealSadi, Kitrina Venari, and Azurine.

Miss_V
Owner

Post by Miss_V » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Hmm, I do like that idea.
Instead of forcing you to lose Charm, I will look into making him Avoidable or Fightable.

I am not entirely sure what I will do exactly here, but the Acid Dragon will getting onto My workbench very soon.

Ezmarelda
LodG Player
Location: Second star to the right, straight on till morning...

Post by Ezmarelda » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Miss_V wrote:Hmm, I do like that idea.
Instead of forcing you to lose Charm, I will look into making him Avoidable or Fightable.

I am not entirely sure what I will do exactly here, but the Acid Dragon will getting onto My workbench very soon.
Oh that's wonderful. Thank you so much Miss V! :D
Jessica Rabbit - "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way..."

Luci
Top Player

Post by Luci » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:41 pm

I never get hit by this dragon. And there is a reason! It's the reason some people will lose 400 charm. Others will lose 5.

The Acid spitting dragon keeps your charm at a certain ratio to your DK's. Perhaps as a prevention for a person just sitting as a dragon and getting a charm bonus every day. To sorta make it fair for people that risk the forest.

Though I can understand the frustration of using mass gems and then losing charm.

But that's the reason you get hit! (Which I've mentioned to Allura. . Multiple times. .)

Miss_V
Owner

Post by Miss_V » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 am

And there it is done.

Click me, i am a bloody link!